Monday, August 30, 2010

Ommegang Zuur - Flanders Oud Bruin

I cracked open a big bottle of Ommegang Zuur last night to share with my pops while we were having some spaghetti with meatballs and Italian sausage. Served it in Red Wine glasses. It went with the meal pretty dang good. Kinda like a light Italian red wine. It tasted like a light bodied brown ale with a little bit of a sour lactic acid taste and a nice chocolate malt and cherry backbone.   The mouthfeel of this beer is fairly thin. It's not extremely sour at all, but seems to blended nicely with the malt to be very drinkable. It is rather tart with a nice dry finish. I definitely enjoyed this beer and would buy it again. I tasted a little bit of the cherry flavor, but it was more in the aroma. I think that this would be a good starter beer into the sour beer world.

B+

No comments:

Post a Comment