Monday, September 6, 2010

Lagunita's - HopStupid

Hop Stupid...with a name like that I decided that I had to give it a try.  I went away from the experience a little bit like a recent lunch outing to Burger Jones.  I wasn't exactly Jones'n for a  burger after my visit at Burger Jones.  I'm not really sure why they called it hop stupid.   It was more like a well balanced IPA, not a stupidly hopped up DIPA.   It didn't have a crazy lasting bitterness on the end.   It didn't have a crazy amount of hop aroma.   You could definitely get the american C hops coming through.  Overall much more well balanced then most DIPA's I've tasted.  Just didn't seem like it fit the name.  That being said.....I prefer my DIPA's this way.  Maybe I'm jaded by how crazy bitter a lot of these DIPA's are these days.   If you prefer to pucker, then maybe this isn't for you.  It is for me though!  Cheers Lagunita's!

A-

No comments:

Post a Comment